Sunday, December 9, 2012

Headboard

After much deliberation I decided to make my own headboard ... grey linen with a dark copper nailhead trim.  It's a hack of an IKEA bed, and all up (frame and all) has set me back $300.  I'm quite pleased with the result for about a days work. 

The blue in the background is the colour that wall is currently painted, I'm toying with the idea of painting the whole room that colour (with white trim).  I know that I love neutrals but part of me has always wanted a dark cobolt / almost navy room ... and it's only paint, right?

Finished photos with the room styled are yet to come ...

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see more photos of the bedframe. We have an ensemble so I would like to make a headboard one day. I found you through Beatle shack under the one about how people don't comment anymore and your comment resonated with me both with my birthing experience and pulling back from reading certain blogs.

    ReplyDelete